American Friends of HelpAge India (AFHI)
American Friends of HelpAge India (AFHI) Established on January 31, 2019, the aim is to provide India’s disadvantaged elders a life free from poverty and suffering, so they can live healthy – active and dignified lives -a basic human right. Headquartered in Delaware, United States, AFHI serves as an American friend of HelpAge India, the nodal non-profit in India serving the disadvantaged elderly, by raising funds and awareness in the United States, to support HelpAge India programs and on-ground initiatives for needy elders. AFHI has the Tax Status of 501(c)3 as per US law. The four core focus areas for AFHI’s fundraising efforts will be towards elder healthcare, age care, livelihood & advocacy. Through HelpAge India, it will expand its efforts in providing aid to the disadvantaged elders of India through HelpAge India’s various intervention programs on ground. As per the State of World Population 2019 report by UNFPA, the share of India’s older population, i.e. those who are 60 years or above is projected to increase to nearly 20 per cent in 2050. As per the Global Agewatch Index of HelpAge International by 2050, older people will make up more than one-fifth of the global population. While India with a population of 106 million elders is the second largest country with an ageing population, it also sadly ranks 73 in the Global Index for elder care. Through AFHI we hope to raise funds for eldercare and provide much needed aid and service to our needy elders living deep in the interiors of India’s, villages, small towns and across cities.
# American Friends of HelpAge India (AFHI) is looking for Associate – Development & Fundraising.
Location : To be based at New York / Washington DC, USA
About the role:
Working closely with members of the Board of Trustees, the incumbent will help to develop and implement effective fundraising strategies to ensure financial viability and sustainability of AFHI. Based out of either New York or Washington DC, must be able to work collaboratively with the Board of Trustees to create portfolio of partnerships. The primary responsibilities for this position will be to:
- Proactively develop relationships with private foundations, corporate donors, philanthropists, trusts, family offices, corporates and others so as to influence giving to HelpAge India projects
- Manage and enhance the reputation of HelpAge India brand to maximize cause-related marketing opportunities.
- Will be responsible to develop a strong volunteer base and create a structure for strategic donor communications.
- Will have an initial target to raise US$500,000++ in funding for the year 2020-21 through direct Donations, Grants and Events
- The incumbent will also be responsible for establishing City Chapters for AFHI, going forward
- Develop strong digital and social media presence for AFHI in USA
The successful candidate will have a commitment to the mission and vision of AFHI and a demonstrate interest and sensitivity to the Elder community. The incumbent will need to:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Well-networked within the US, particularly in NYC region, & in the NPO space.
- Very strong sales & marketing experience & focus, preferably with a good track record in Fundraising or Business Development.
- A Go-getter, strong in making cold calls, networking, & converting relationships, building and scaling up.
- A versatile and well-rounded fund development professional who wants to grow in this area.
- Exposure and knowledge of Digital Marketing will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of fundraising from Individuals through Direct Donation, Online Campaigns and Direct Mail is important.
- Knowledge about various Online Fundraising Campaigns will be an added advantage
- A thoughtful relationship builder who has the ability to develop rapport and foster long-term connections. Have an inherent networking skills.
- Incumbent need to be tech-savvy and an organized person. Have the ability to work with concurrent deadlines. Also, have the ability to work independently as well as be an effective team member.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. A writer, storyteller and a good communicator.
AFHI will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring company sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
Employee Status: Full Time / Flexible but Remote.
Interested candidates may apply within 10 days to Contact@af-hi.org with complete biodata.