During the COVID-19 pandemic, the HelpAge team immediately got into action and started relief measures reaching out to those most in need, from destitute elders to the homeless, migrant workers and their families, who were facing their toughest time.
- Through its association with the M-RITE program in partnership with JSI and USAID, it helped with vaccination facilitation of over 1.8 million elderly and their communities
- 0.5 Million disadvantaged elders and their community were supported with medicines and provided primary care
- 60,000+ Family Survival Kits, including items like rice, wheat, spices, cooking oil, soap, detergent along with Immunity boosters, benefiting 300,000 poor elderly and their families were distributed
- 120,000 poor elderly and their families were provided Hygiene Kits equipped with soaps, sanitizers, hand wash, etc.
- 200,000+ free cooked meals were distributed amongst needy elders, migrant workers, homeless and destitute
- 30,000+ poor rural elderly were supported through cash transfers
- It conducted 1293 online workshops on digital literacy for vaccine registration for elders and tackling misinformation, reaching out to 50,000 senior citizens through Senior Citizen Associations